|Title:||FOREIGN LANGUAGE AND CULTURE INSTRUCTORS|
FOREIGN LANGUAGE & CULTURE INSTRUCTORS
JTG is looking for Foreign Language and Culture Instructors to support JTG’s customers nationwide. We are looking for instructors in the following languages: Arabic (all dialects), Chinese (Mandarin), French (Native and Francophone), Russian, and Spanish.
Position reports to the Program Manager.
- Provide group and one-on-one language / cultural intensive student-centered training for adult professionals onsite and online
- Prepare class schedules, tests, and materials as needed
- The instructor will teach listening, reading, writing, and speaking skills, as well as geopolitical, economic and social issues, in an immersion based environment
- The instructor must be able to integrate technology in the classroom and in homework assignments
- Be able to select and use level-appropriate materials from a variety of resources to supplement the core material
- Native speaker or near-native speaker (if born in the United States to native parents)
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in, preferably, second language teaching or related field
- Minimum of five years’ experience teaching target language to adult learners
- Experience developing language instructional materials and curricula
- Familiarity with Speaker Proficiency Test (SPT) and the Oral Proficiency Interview (OPI)
- Familiarity with the Interagency Language Roundtable (ILR) Skill Level Descriptions for ALL modalities
- Knowledge of online learning technology such as: Moodle, Blackboard, Adobe Connect, other LMS or CMS as well as teaching through Skype
Founded in 1995, JTG is an Employee-Owned Company that is specialized in language services, training, and analytics. JTG is an Equal Opportunity Employer.