|Title:||SOMALI LANGUAGE RESEARCHER|
SOMALI LANGUAGE RESEARCHER
JTG is currently seeking a Somali Language Researcher
The ideal candidate must be capable of developing or assisting in the development of linguistics products such as bilingual dictionaries and glossaries; annotated readers at ILR levels 2-4; grammars; text books; hand books; phrase books; and word lists. Additionally, the researcher will provide grammatical descriptions of languages which are undocumented or poorly documented.
Requirements for successful candidates:
- Bachelor's degree
- Highly proficient skills in Somali reading and writing
- Five years’ experience in applied linguistic research
- Ability to work independently as a developer and author of linguistics products
- Graduate degree in linguistics or related field
- Authorship of published reference or training materials in target language, linguistics, or related area studies
- Ten years’ experience in applied linguistic research
- Native skills in the Somali language
Position reports to the Director.
Founded in 1995, JTG is an Employee-Owned Company that is specialized in language services, training, and analytics. JTG is an Equal Opportunity Employer.