|Title:||Cryptologic Language Training Developer-1|
JTG is currently seeking Language Training Developers-1 in the following languages: Arabic (MSA, Levantine, Sudanese, Iraqi, Egyptian, Gulf, Moroccan, Yemeni, Tunisian, Libyan, Algerian), Chinese (Mandarin, Cantonese/Yue, Southern Min/Fujian/Taiwanese, Wu/Shanghainese, Hakka, Sichaun, Xiang-Hunan), French (Parisian French, North African French and West African French), Hebrew, Pashto (Afghani, Pakistani, and Waziri Pashto), Persian (Farsi, Dari and Tajik), Portuguese (Continental, Brazilian, African), Punjabi, Russian, Turkish (Standard), Spanish (Andean-Pacific, Caribbean and Central American), Afrikaans, Albanian, Amharic, Armenian, Bengali, Bulgarian, Burmese, Cambodian, Georgian, Haitian Creole, Hausa, Hindi, Indonesian, Kashmiri, Kurdish, Bahdini, Kurmanji, Sorani), Lao, Lingala, Mingrelian, Mongolian, Quechua, Serbo-Croatian, Slovenian, Somali, Swahili, Tagalog, Tamil, Tausug, Tigrinya, Turkoman, Ukrainian, Vietnamese, Xhoso, Yoruba, Zulu, Azeri, Kazakh (Standard, Chinese Kazakh, Mongolian Kazakh), Korean (Northern), Tajik (Standard, Uzbekistani, Uighur), Uzbek (Standard and Afghan Uzbenistani).
Location: Linthicum, MD
- Develop language materials/ content to mirror language analyst tasks and update existing materials to meet language training requirements
- Use blended learning techniques which may include a combination of eLearning tools, video and audio exercises, readings, case studies, and demonstrations of required skills through work related tasks in accordance with Government guidance
- Clarify and document customer operational requirements, training objectives and language level of materials
- Assist in the prioritization of requirements for training development
- Research and leverage classified and unclassified domain-specific language resources for relevant, authentic language content
- Develop training materials to include transcription, translation, and analysis of operational, task-based exercises
- Collaborate with language instructors and other Government and Contractor developers in the design, development and documentation of language and domain-specific training materials
- Employ technology (ex: Audacity, Adobe C5S, Adobe Premier) in developing training materials for language learning that combines blended delivery modes such as online, distance, asynchronous eLearning technology and self-paced instructions
- Collaborate with SIGINT Operations technical experts as well as other Government and Contractor instructors and developers to obtain and develop language materials
- Develop practical evaluations to test the student mastery of the learning and/or performance objectives
- Identify and recommend learning applications and tools that enhance training delivery;
- Team with other Government and contract language instructors and developers
- Design and develop practical evaluation methods to test the student's mastery of the learning and/or performance objectives
- Active TS/SCI security clearance with a Polygraph
- Native English language capability in reading, listening and speaking in the standard form of the language to be taught and a minimum ILR proficiency level 2 in reading, writing, speaking, listening in English OR a speaker with native capability in English and a minimum ILR proficiency level 3 in reading and listening in the standard form of the language to be taught.
- Three years’ SIGINT or Intelligence Community experience as a language analyst
- Two years’ experience, within the last six years, of applied practical experience developing, documenting and /or updating basic, intermediate, and advanced language training materials following the principles of ISD
- One-year experience typing, using English and appropriate foreign language fonts, keyboards, and computer software
- One-year experience, within the last four years in the synchronous and asynchronous instructional systems design and in the development of skills-based instruction to adults to include using web-based or distance learning teaching technologies, (e.g., Centra, Blackboard, Question mark, Sum Total).
- 1-year experience using digital audio tools such as Audacity or Sound Forge
- BA/BS degree in language, Areas Studies, Education, Education Technology, ISD or other directly related discipline.
- In lieu of the relevant bachelor’s degree; four additional years of applied, practical experience in the language education, instructional design or language analysis fields for a total of nine years maybe substituted.
Founded in 1995, JTG is an Employee-Owned Company that is specialized in language services, training, and analytics. JTG is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: