|Title:||Russian Language and Culture Instructor in Monterey-CA|
Russian Language and Culture Instructor in Monterey-CA
JTG is looking for a Russian Language and Culture Instructor in Monterey-CA
We are looking for an experienced language educator to join our JTG Team in support of a Defense Language Institute Program. You will be responsible for preparing and implementing a full educational teaching plan according to the school’s requirements. It will be fundamental to improve students' proficiencies in the language via the creative utilization of authentic resources. The ideal candidate will be passionate for the job with an ability to tailor instruction to student needs. They will know how to organize a class and make learning a student centered and meaningful process. The goal is to help cultivate the students’ interest in the language while preparing them to operate at a high level of fluency with a focus on listening and reading.
Location: Monterey, CA
Duration: 6 to 12 weeks
- Provide intensive, student-centered language and cultural training in group and one-on-one settings for adult professionals
- Develop instructional materials / activities with associated multimedia resources in a digital format, using a task-based, student-centered, and skill-integrated approach.
- Select and use level-appropriate materials from a variety of resources
- Provide daily instruction that focuses on enhancing listening, reading, and speaking skills, as well as cultural and area studies knowledge (geopolitical, economic, social issues, etc.)
- Integrate technology to enhance the learning experience in the classroom and for homework assignments
Requirements for successful candidates
- Bachelor’s degree in, preferably, second language teaching or related field
- A minimum of two years of experience in teaching the target language at a college level
- Proof of an Oral Proficiency Interview (OPI) score in the Target Language within last 18 months or willingness to take and successfully meet the aforementioned rating
- Experience developing foreign language instructional materials and / or curricula
- Understanding of ILR levels, text typology, and ability to identify and develop level-appropriate language learning materials
- Strong writing proficiency in English
- Must be able to travel to Monterey, CA for 6-12-week periods
- Experience using online learning tools, to include: Learning Management Systems, Communications (Adobe Connect, Skype, etc.), a plus
Position reports to Program Manager
Founded in 1995, JTG is an Employee-Owned Company that is specialized in language services, training, and analytics. JTG is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: