|Title:||RUSSIAN LANGUAGE AND CULTURE INSTRUCTORS|
RUSSIAN LANGUAGE AND CULTURE INSTRUCTORS
JTG is currently seeking Russian Language and Culture instructors to support the Foreign Service Institute
Location: Arlington, VA
Status: Full-time with full- benefits
- Plan and/or conduct small and/or large group language classes using a wide variety of language teaching methodologies and techniques, with focus on speaking, listening comprehension, and reading skills.
- Use established training materials and work collaboratively and closely with other instructors.
- Apply classroom management techniques to provide a respectful, student-centered environment conducive to learning.
- Conduct informal or formal progress evaluations and/or administer weekly quizzes and assessments to evaluate student progress.
- Incorporate the use of instructional technology into the instructional program as appropriate.
- As needed, assist with the development of SLS-relevant research and development projects.
- Possess independently-obtained work authorization with a minimum of one year remaining in US employment eligibility.
- A minimum of three years' experience teaching adult learners Russian language in a classroom setting (2 or more students).
- BA/BS, MA/MS, or Ph.D., or foreign equivalent degree(s) in any field.
- A minimum of three years' experience teaching foreign language with proficiency-based or task-based curricula.
- A minimum of one year's experience administering proficiency-based assessments (i.e., DLPT, ACTFL, OPI, etc.)
- A minimum English proficiency level of a 2/2 on the ILR proficiency scale.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- BS/BA or MS/MA or foreign equivalent degree in relevant language education field preferred
- Experience developing foreign language instructional materials and/or curricula preferred
- Experience teaching with the communicative approach preferred
- Experience incorporating a variety of educational technology in teaching preferred
- Experience teaching blending learning activities valued
- Experience integrating social media applications for educational purposes valued
- Experience administering proficiency-based assessments valued
- Experience teaching with vocabulary-based language learning materials valued
- Experience delivering training targeted to needs of diplomatic community valued
This position reports to the Program Manager.
Founded in 1995, JTG is an Employee-Owned Company that is specialized in language services, training, and analytics. JTG is an Equal Opportunity Employer.