|Title:||Cryptologic Language Training Developer-2|
JTG is currently seeking Language Training Developers-2 in the following languages: Arabic (MSA, Levantine, Sudanese, Iraqi, Egyptian, Gulf, Moroccan, Yemeni, Tunisian, Libyan, Algerian), Chinese (Mandarin, Cantonese/Yue, Southern Min/Fujian/Taiwanese, Wu/Shanghainese, Hakka, Sichaun, Xiang-Hunan), French (Parisian French, North African French and West African French), Hebrew, Pashto (Afghani, Pakistani, and Waziri Pashto), Persian (Farsi, Dari and Tajik), Portuguese (Continental, Brazilian, African), Punjabi, Russian, Turkish (Standard), Spanish (Andean-Pacific, Caribbean and Central American), Afrikaans, Albanian, Amharic, Armenian, Bengali, Bulgarian, Burmese, Cambodian, Georgian, Haitian Creole, Hausa, Hindi, Indonesian, Kashmiri, Kurdish, Bahdini, Kurmanji, Sorani), Lao, Lingala, Mingrelian, Mongolian, Quechua, Serbo-Croatian, Slovenian, Somali, Swahili, Tagalog, Tamil, Tausug, Tigrinya, Turkoman, Ukrainian, Vietnamese, Xhoso, Yoruba, Zulu, Azeri, Kazakh (Standard, Chinese Kazakh, Mongolian Kazakh), Korean (Northern), Tajik (Standard, Uzbekistani, Uighur), Uzbek (Standard and Afghan Uzbenistani).
Location: Linthicum, MD
- Develop language materials/ content to mirror language analyst tasks and update existing materials to meet language training requirements
- Use blended learning techniques which may include a combination of eLearning tools, video and audio exercises, readings, case studies, and demonstrations of required skills through work related tasks in accordance with Government guidance
- Clarify and document customer operational requirements, training objectives and language level of materials
- Assist in the prioritization of requirements for training development
- Research and leverage classified and unclassified domain-specific language resources for relevant, authentic language content
- Develop training materials to include transcription, translation, and analysis of operational, task-based exercises
- Collaborate with language instructors and other Government and Contractor developers in the design, development and documentation of language and domain-specific training materials
- Employ technology (ex: Audacity, Adobe C5S, Adobe Premier) in developing training materials for language learning that combines blended delivery modes such as online, distance, asynchronous eLearning technology and self-paced instructions
- Collaborate with SIGINT Operations technical experts as well as other Government and Contractor instructors and developers to obtain and develop language materials
- Develop practical evaluations to test the student mastery of the learning and/or performance objectives
- Identify and recommend learning applications and tools that enhance training delivery;
- Team with other Government and contract language instructors and developers
- Provide technical guidance for the design, development, and delivery of technology- mediated learning activities and content for Government approval
- Design and develop practical evaluation methods to test the student's mastery of the learning and/or performance objectives
- Aggregate and analyze customer and student feedback and other metrics regarding the success of training
- Review new and existing materials, and training documentation to ensure they meet sound ISD principles and NCS guidelines and standards
- Provide written feedback with recommendations and proposed changes to the Government; develop and implement solutions to fix deficiencies
- Active TS/SCI security clearance with a Polygraph
- Native English language capability and a minimum ILR proficiency of level 4 in reading, listening and speaking in the standard form of the language to be taught and a minimum ILR proficiency level 2 in reading, writing, speaking, listening in English OR a speaker with native capability in English and a minimum ILR proficiency level 3 in reading and listening in the standard form of the language to be taught
- Eight years SIGINT or Intelligence Community experience as a language analyst and/or language instructor
- Three years’ experience, within the last ten years, of applied practical experience developing, documenting and /or updating basic, intermediate, and advanced language training materials following the principles of ISD
- One-year experience typing, using English and appropriate foreign language fonts, keyboards, and computer software
- Three years’ experience, within the last ten years in the synchronous and asynchronous instructional systems design and in the development of skills-based instruction to adults to include using web-based or distance learning teaching technologies, (e.g., Centra, Blackboard, Question mark, Sum Total).
- 1-year experience using digital audio tools such as Audacity or Sound Forge
- Master’s degree in language, Areas Studies, Education, Education Technology, ISD or other directly related discipline.
- In lieu of the relevant master’s degree; six additional years of applied, practical experience in the language education, instructional design or language analysis fields for a total of fourteen years OR a B.A./B. S and an additional two years’ experience in the language education, instructional design or language analysis fields for a total of ten years of work experience may be substituted.
Founded in 1995, JTG is an Employee-Owned Company that is specialized in language services, training, and analytics. JTG is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: