|Title:||SENIOR LEVEL TRANSLATORS-MULTIPLE LANGUAGES|
SENIOR LEVEL TRANSLATORS-MULTIPLE LANGUAGES
JTG is currently seeking Senior Level Translators in the following languages:
Afrikaans (Dutch, Flemish), Albanian, Amharic, Arabic (Modern Standard and all dialects), Armenian (Eastern and Western), Azerbaijani, Baluchi, Bengali, Bosnian (Croatian, Serbian), Bulgarian (Macedonian), Burmese, Cambodian (Khmer), Cebuano, Chechen, Chinese-Cantonese, Chinese-Fukien/ Taiwanese, Chinese-Mandarin (all dialects not listed as separate languages), Chinese-Shanghai/Wu, Croatian (Bosnian, Serbian), Czech (Slovak), Danish, Dari, Dutch (Afrikaans, Flemish), Estonian, Ewe, Finnish, Flemish (Afrikaans, Dutch), French, Georgian, German, Greek, Gujarati, Haitian Creole, Hausa, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Igbo (Ibo), Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Javanese, Kazakh, Kirghiz, Kissi, Korean , Kurdish, Lao, Latvian (Lettish), Lingala, Lithuanian, Macedonian (Bulgarian), Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Mongolian, Nepali, Norwegian, Panjabi (Punjabi), Pashto, Persian/Farsi, Polish, Portuguese (Brazilian and European), Romanian, Russian, Serbian (Bosnian, Croatian), Sindhi, Slovak (Czech), Slovenian, Somali, Spanish, Swahili (Kiswahili), Swedish, Tagalog, Tajik, Tamil, Tausug, Telugu, Thai, Tibetan, Tigrinya, Turkish, Turkmen, Ukrainian, Urdu, Uyghur, Uzbek, Vietnamese, Yoruba, Zulu
• Provide accurate translations, transcriptions, and summaries of foreign language text, audio and video material into English
• Communicate fluently in English orally and in writing
• Translate in accordance with designated style and quality standards
• Apply a translation methodology to translate a wide variety of complex texts that contain difficult, abstract, idiomatic, highly technical, and colloquial writing
• Post-edit Machine Translations for accuracy and completeness
• Translate abstract language and nuance and capture Socio-Economic elements in text
• Use domain-specific technical terminology
• Use and develop reference materials such as glossaries, style guides, and translation memories
• Review the quality of other translators’ work
• Able to pass translation performance test at ILR 4 to 4+.
• Proficient in reading, listening to, and comprehending foreign languages at an advanced professional capability of ILR 4/4+ in the source language
• Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office and the Internet
• Human Language Technology (HLT) Skills including Computer Assisted Translation (CAT) and adaptive machine translation tools
• In depth knowledge of source language regionalisms, slang, colloquialisms, and dialect
• Bachelor’s degree minimum or equivalent in years of experience
This position reports to the Task Manager.
Founded in 1995, JTG is an Employee-Owned Company that is specialized in language services, training, and analytics. JTG is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: