|Title:||Vice President of Finance & Administration|
Vice President of Finance & Administration
The Vice President (VP) of Finance and Administration (F&A) will have overall responsibility for management of Finance and Accounting, Security and IT, Human Resources, Contracts and Pricing departments. The VP of F&A will serve as the senior manager with ultimate responsibility for management and oversight for each of these departments.
The VP of F&A will report directly to the CEO on day-to-day operations of each department and is responsible for preparation and submission of key management reports (weekly, monthly, annual) to the CEO. y also ensure compliance with all accounting standards, security guidance, HR & Labor laws, and Federal contracting requirements (i.e., Federal Acquisition Regulation- FAR) and serve as the main point of contact for outside accounting and tax advisors. VP of F&A will be responsible for providing feedback and performance evaluations to the employees in each of the departments in coordination with CEO and Human Resources.
The VP of F&A will work closely with Business Development and Capture team to review terms and conditions of contracts, RFPs, teaming agreements, and sub-contracts and to support submission and preparation of JTG terms and conditions for all proposals. They are also responsible for pricing support and submissions.
In consultation with the CEO, the VP of F&A is responsible for all long-range financial matters. They will establish company-wide financial and administrative objectives, policies, programs, practices to ensure the company’s continuous sound financial structure.
- Develop annual budget as directed by the CEO. Primary responsibility for preparation of annual budgets, financial forecasting and Board reports as directed by CEO.
- Execute programs for the provision of the capital required by the business, including negotiating the procurement of capital and maintaining financial arrangements.
- Coordinate long-range plans with the CEO.
- Approve all agreements concerning financial obligations, such as contracts for products or services, and other areas requiring a commitment of financial resources.
- Maintain relationships with financial institutions in conjunction with the CEO. Administer banking arrangements and loan agreements. Maintain adequate sources for the company’s borrowing from commercial banks. Invest the company’s funds as appropriate.
- Manage the cashflow position of the company. Responsibilities include authority to establish credit, collections, and purchasing policies as well as to schedule payment of bills and financial obligations.
- Establish a structure for the management and oversight of the F&A team.
- Develop annual strategic objectives for the F&A team.
- Implement management structures for F&A Departments including, risk identification and elevation to management; interface with outside accounting and tax advisors; annual compliance reporting for security, HR and FAR requirements; team performance; and briefings as required by JTG Leadership or Board.
- Support and coordinate with Business Development and Capture team on contract review and pricing.
- Support preparation of financial accounting and tax documents and filings.
- Engage with CEO and Human Resources to implement process for F&A team performance and evaluations. Develop annual performance objectives for the F&A team for discussion and approval by the CEO.
- Support the development of job descriptions for new positions on the F&A team. Engage with CEO and Human Resources for approval of new positions. Support interviewing process.
- Provide insurance coverage as required.
- Maintain JTG’s financial records.
- Further develop JTG’s human resources and administration, enhancing professional development, compensation and benefits, performance evaluation, training and recruiting.
- Ensure that recruiting processes are consistent and streamlined.
- Establish and manage a comprehensive training program to educate employees regarding staff tools, policies and procedures.
- Minimum of a B.A in Finance or a related field, ideally with an advanced degree in Finance.
- At least 7-10 years of overall professional experience; to include 6+ years of broad financial and operations management experience.
- Strong experience of having the final responsibility over the quality and content of all financial data, reporting and audit coordination for either a division or mid-size organization.
- Ability to translate financial concepts and effectively collaborate with colleagues who do not necessarily have finance backgrounds.
- Technology savvy with experience selecting and overseeing software installations and managing relationships with software vendors; knowledge of accounting and reporting software.
- A successful track record in setting priorities; keen analytic, organizational, and problem-solving skills to support and enable sound decision making.
- A multi-tasker with the ability to wear many hats in a fast-paced environment.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication to JTG and its customers.
This position reports to the CEO
Founded in 1995, JTG is an Employee Owned Company that is specialized in language services, training, and analytics. JTG is an Equal Opportunity Employer.