|Title:||Instructional System Designer (ISD) eLearning|
Instructional System Designer (ISD) - eLearning
JTG is seeking an Instructional Systems Designer (ISD) to join a dynamic, high-performing team producing web-based and mobile language learning objects and other instructional products for adult foreign language learners.
Status: part-time 20-40 hours per week for three months (May-12 to August 12)
The Instructional System Designer will be working with authentic text, audio, and video material to produce learning activities for various languages for delivery via a variety of delivery methods. The ISD must have a passion for creating quality learning solutions using current learning technologies; coupled with the ability to articulate that passion clearly and analytically into effective learning products in a cross-functional team environment.
With minimal direct supervision, the ISD performs selected design and development tasks:
- Works with Subject Matter Experts Linguists to gather, analyze, design, and author scripts and storyboards for eLearning.
- Develops effective learning objects and interactive activities to meet specific requirements for asynchronous web-based delivery to students’ desktop or mobile devices.
- Uses eLearning authoring software to design, develop and produce highly interactive eLearning objects that achieve specific learning objectives.
- Creates and modifies learning assessments to effectively capture, measure, and evaluate student learning.
- Proficiency in various ISD methods and approaches from traditional ADDIE, and SAM, or other rapid/Agile processes for multiply delivery methods.
- In-depth knowledge of adult learning principles and theories and how to apply these in the design and development of asynchronous learning objects.
- Ability to communicate effectively with subject matter experts and other team members in verbal or written form to foster effective collaborative solutions.
- Experience with Articulate Storyline to produce SCORM and Section 508 compliant learning objects, and ability to create graphics, animation, audio, and video multimedia elements for eLearning solutions.
- Familiarity with quality control protocols and standards.
- Practical conceptual understanding of effective mobile learning concepts and best practices for adult learners.
- Familiarity with applicable intellectual property rights guidelines for deliveries.
- Proficiency in MS Office® applications, including but not limited to Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- BA or BS in Instructional Design, Instructional/Education Technology, or a related field
- 5-8 years of experience with instructional design and eLearning
- US citizenship required
- Personal license to Articulate
- Master’s Degree in Instructional Design, Instructional/Education Technology, or a related field
- Experience with foreign language learning development and familiarity with language skill levels and requirements
- Excellent writing skills for authoring technical, engaging content tailored for a targeted language audience
- Excellent multi-tasking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to thrive under the pressure of deadlines
This position reports to the Project Manager.
Founded in 1995, JTG is an Employee-Owned Company that is specialized in language services, training, and analytics. JTG is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: