|Title:||Cleared Japanese Linguists|
Cleared Japanese Linguists
JTG is currently seeking Cleared Japanese Linguists.
- Provide direct translation services in support of liaison operations, intelligence collection, interrogations, and other force projection operations
- Deliver complete, accurate, and reliable English translations from a variety of Japanese sources, and vice-versa
- Independently coordinate, receive, triage, prioritize, screen, translate, transcribe, interpret, report, disseminate, store, and archive captured, seized, or otherwise acquired hardcopy or electronic documents and media
- Review raw, unfiltered media consisting of objectionable content that may include offensive, violent, and disturbing images (i.e. pornography and graphic gore), handled in accordance with government guidance
- Provide cultural and ethnic context of controversial engagements, and provide information to the supported personnel regarding the cultural and ethnic significance of statements, conversations, situations, documents, etc.
- Provide effective and accurate real-time interpretation between English and Japanese, including colloquial, military, and slang words/phrases that may alter meaning
- Provide cultural familiarization and intercultural awareness advisory support to effectively communicate with the Japanese government and people to avoid culturally based misunderstandings and appropriate ways to resolve misunderstandings if they occur
- Provide support up to 12 hours a day, 7 days a week or 24/7 support if needed
- Active Top-Secret Clearance; must be willing to take and pass polygraph
- Able to obtain Status of Forces Agreement (SOFA)
- Five (5) to seven (7) years of translating, interpreting, analysis, and writing experience
- Must be able to obtain a minimum of 4/4/3 (Listening, Reading, and Speaking) in Japanese as measured by the ILR or DLPT 5-point scale.
- For non-native speakers of English, must be able to obtain a minimum of 94 as measured by the TOEFL iBT or a 3/3/3 or above on the DLPT in English
- Able to read handwritten material in Japanese and English
- Quickly visually scan and process a large amount of material for critical and essential elements
- Possess a U.S. driver’s license and/or international driver’s permit
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Experience working in or with the military
- Technical knowledge or familiarity with political, military, STEM, chemical, biological, and nuclear terminology
- Current TS/SCI w/ polygraph
- High school diploma or equivalent (associate degree or 2 years of college preferred)
This position reports to the Team Lead.
Founded in 1995, JTG is an Employee-Owned Company that is specialized in language services, training, and analytics. JTG is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: