|Title:||Cleared/Clearable Linguists (Public Trust or higher)|
Cleared/Clearable Linguists (Public Trust or higher)
JTG is seeking Cleared/Clearable Linguists (Public Trust or higher) to perform immediate, short-, and long-term assignments on-site in Reston, VA.
Languages: Languages: Afar, Afrikaans, Albanian, Amharic, Arabic, Arabic – Algerian, Arabic – Chadian, Arabic – Egyptian, Arabic – Gulf, Arabic – Hassaniya (includes Mauritania), Arabic – Iraqi, Arabic – Khaliji, Arabic – Levantine (includes Jordan, Lebanon, Palestine, Syria), Arabic – Libyan, Arabic – Maghreb (includes Morrocco, Algeria, Tunisia), Arabic – Modern Standard, Arabic – Saudi, Arabic – Sudanese, Arabic – Yemeni, Armenian – Eastern, Armenian – Western, Armenian, Assyrian, Avar/Dagestani, Aymara, Azerbaijani – North (Azeri Turk), Azerbaijani – South (Azeri), Bahasa (Indonesian), Balochi/Baluchi, Bamanankan / Bambara, Basque, Belarusian, Bengali, Berber, Berber – Kabyle, Berber – Tamashek/Tamasheq, Berber - Tamazight, Bhutanese/Dzongkha (dzo), Bikol, Bisayan, Bosnian, Brahui, Bulgarian, Burmese / Myanmar, Cambodian (Khmer), Cape Verdean Creole, Cebuano (Visaya), Chaldean (Aramaic), Cham, Chavacano (Philippine Creole Spanish), Chechen, Cherokee, Chinese - Hui/Huizhou, Chinese - Cantonese), Chinese - Chaozhou, Chinese – Fukienese, Southern Min, Amoy, Minnan, Taiwanese, Chinese - Fukinese, Northern Min, Foochow/Fuzhou, Minbei, Chinese - Gan, Chinese – Hakka, Chinese - Mandarin, Chinese - Sichuan/Szechuan, Chinese - Taishan/Toysan/Hoisan, Chinese - Wenzhou, Chinese – Wu/Hu/Shanghainese, Chinese – Xiang/Hsiang/Hunanese, Chinese (Traditional or Simplified Written), Chinese- Jinyu/Jin, Choctaw, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dhivehi / Maldivian, Dinka, Dutch, English Caribbean Creole (Jamaican Patois), Estonian, Ewe, Finnish, Flemish, French, Fulani (Fula), Ga, Georgian, German, Greek, Guarani, Gujarati, Guyanean Creole, Haitian Creole, Hausa, Hebrew, Hindi, Hmong, Daw (White), Hmong, Mong Njua/Mong Leng (Green/Blue), Hungarian, Ibo/Igbo, Icelandic, Ilocano, Ilongo (Hiligaynon), Ingush (Ingushetia and Chechnya), Italian, Japanese, Javanese, K’iche, Kabardian, Kachin (Jingpho), Kalenjin, Kannada, Kanuri, Karen/S’gaw, Kashmiri, Kazakh, Kinyarwanda, Kirundi, Kisii, Korean, Krio (West African Creole English), Kurdish – Behdini/Badini, Kurdish – Sorani (Central), Kurdish – Xwasrin/Palewani (Southern), Kurdish – Kurmanji (Northern), Kuridsh – Luri, Kyrgyz, Lahu, Lanna, Laotian (Lao), Latin, Latvian, Lingala, Lithuanian, Luganda / Ganda, Macedonian, Malagasy, Malay, Malayalam, Mam, Mandinka, Marathi, Mari (Cheremiss), Mari (Cheremiss) – Meadow Mari (Meadow-Eastern Mari), Marshallese Maranao/Maguindanao (Mindanao), Mina (Hina/Besleri), Moldovan, Mongolian, Mooré, Navajo, Nepali, Norwegian, Nuer, Oriya, Oromo, Ovambo, Palauan, Pampangan (Kapampangan), Pangasinan, Papiamentu (Papiamento), Pashai (Pashayi), Pashto – Pakistani, Pashto – Waziri, Pashto - Afghan, Persian – Afghan (Dari), Persian – Iranian (Farsi), Pidgin – Cameroonian, Pidgin – Nigerian, Pohnpeian, Polish, Portuguese – Brazilian, Portuguese – Continental/European, Punjabi – Eastern (written), Punjabi – Western (written), Punjabi (spoken), Q’anjob’al (Kanjobal), Quechua (Runasimi), Rade (Rhade), Rohingyan, Romanian, Russian , Samal, Samoan, Seraiki, Serbian, Serbo Croatian, Shan, Shona, Sindhi, Sinhalese (Sinhala), Slovak, Slovenian, Somali, Sose/Susu, Sotho, Spanish, Sranan Tongo (Suriname Creole), Sundanese, Swahili, Swedish, Sylheti, Tagalog, Tajik, Tamil, Tatar (Kazan), Tausug, Telugu, Thai, Tibetan, Tigrinya, Tok Pisin (New Guinean Creole), Tongan, Turkish, Turkmen (Turkoman), Twi, Ugandan, Uighur/Uyghur, Ukrainian, Umbundu, Urdu, Uzbek, Vietnamese, Welsh, Wolof, Xhosa, Yakan, Yiddish, Yoruba, Zigula/Kizigua, Zulu
Location: Reston, VA
Timeline: Part time, Short Assignments, On Call
- Process documents and media in various formats to include hand-written, hard copy, digital text, audio, and video of content including expository, formal and informal discourse, legal, business, public administration, historical, geographical, sociological, political, military and scientific contexts.
- Transcribe and translate audio and text files, interpret material, relate ideas, make inferences, and rarely misunderstand the intent of the speaker(s).
- Render accurate, idiomatic, and grammatically correct translations and/or summaries and gists of source material into the target language, while maintaining the register, integrity, and meaning of material.
- Scan and process a large amount of material quickly for critical and essential elements of information.
- Understand inferences, emotional overtones, and speech in a standard dialect, and rarely ask for paraphrasing or explanations.
- Write effectively in formal and informal exchanges.
- Follow standard guidelines as outlined in the Government-provided Style Guide.
- Follow existing IC Transliteration Standards for transliterating person names.
- Provide cultural/language/ethnic/contextual of data translated from recorded and written materials.
- Perform quality review and editing as needed.
- Utilize Human Language Technology (HLT) as needed.
- Possess or able to undergo Public Trust Investigation status or clearance (Secret or higher) level investigation.
- Proven proficiency in English and the foreign language at ILR 3 or higher.
- Expertise and thorough knowledge of specialized terminology in military, scientific, information technology, social, legal, and/or socio-economic matters/events domains as needed.
- Proven experience in language services, linguistics, or language-enabled analysis supporting U.S. Government agencies.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Microsoft Word at minimum).
- Willing to undergo Government-administered foreign language testing.
- Willing to undergo an audiometric exam by a licensed medical doctor (at no personal cost).
- Willing to undergo Limited Escorted Access Request (LAR) Investigation before beginning work.
- Evidence of proficiency testing in English and the foreign language and at ILR 3 or higher within the past three (3) years.
- Existing Public Trust Investigation status or clearance level (Secret or higher)
Education: Bachelor’s degree or higher preferred.
This position reports to the Program Manager.
Founded in 1995, JTG is an Employee-Owned Company that is specialized in language services, training, and analytics. JTG is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: