|Title:||Collection Technology Specialist (Webscraper)|
This position is contingent upon contract award.
Location: Reston, VA
- Download, collect, and format data acquired from publicly accessible web sources to determine structure and data findings
- Send formatted results to a designated ingest point (e.g. an S3 bucket or email address)
- Work closely with a Translator or Exploitation Specialist to satisfy specific webscraping requests
- US Citizenship
- Understanding of HTML principles, some scripting, and API pulls
- Experience processing foreign language text using Unicode standards
- Attention to detail, and ability to learn new skills
- Ability to find creative solutions to problems and needs while processing large amounts of information
- Strong organizational skills as a contributor to a virtual team
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- 1-3 years of related experience
- Educational degree from an accredited institution
- Professional working fluency in a foreign language
- Prior experience with HLT, CAT, and machine translation tools
- Prior training or coursework in metadata, webs and text analytics, and data management
This position reports to the Task Manager.
Founded in 1995, JTG is an Employee-Owned Company that is specialized in language services, training, and analytics. JTG is an Equal Opportunity Employer.