|Title:||Instructional System Designer (ISD) eLearning|
Instructional System Designer (ISD) - eLearning
JTG is seeking an Instructional Systems Designer (ISD) to join a dynamic, high-performing team producing web-based and mobile language learning objects and other instructional products for adult foreign language learners.
Status: part-time contractor, 20-40 hours per week for about two months
The Instructional System Designer will work with foreign language text, audio, and video material to build e-learning objects that include lectures, highly interactive learning activities, and assessments for adult learners. The ISD must have a passion for creating quality learning solutions using current learning technologies; coupled with the ability to translate that passion clearly and analytically into effective learning products in a cross-functional team environment.
With minimal direct supervision, the ISD performs selected design and development tasks:
- Works with Subject Matter Experts to gather, analyze, design, and author scripts and storyboards for eLearning.
- Develops effective learning objects and interactive activities to meet specific requirements for asynchronous web-based delivery to students’ desktop or mobile devices.
- Uses eLearning authoring software (Articulate Storyline) to design, develop and produce interactive eLearning objects that achieve specific learning objectives.
- Creates learning assessments to capture, measure, and evaluate student learning effectively.
- Proficiency in various ISD methods and approaches from traditional ADDIE, SAM, or other rapid/Agile processes for multiple delivery methods.
- In-depth knowledge of adult learning principles and theories and how to apply these in the design and development of asynchronous learning objects.
- Ability to communicate effectively with Subject Matter Experts and other team members in verbal or written form to foster effective collaborative solutions.
- Experience with Articulate Storyline to produce SCORM and Section 508 compliant learning objects, and ability to create graphics, animation, audio, and video multimedia elements for eLearning solutions.
- Familiarity with quality control protocols and standards.
- Ability to use the JAWS screen reader to review and revise completed objects.
- Practical conceptual understanding of effective mobile learning concepts and best practices for adult learners.
- Familiarity with applicable intellectual property rights guidelines for deliveries.
- Proficiency in MS Office® applications, including but not limited to Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- BA or BS in Instructional Design, Instructional/Education Technology, or a related field
- 5-8 years of experience with instructional design and eLearning
- US citizenship required
- Personal license to Articulate
- Experience with JAWS
- Master’s Degree in Instructional Design, Instructional/Education Technology, or a related field
- Experience with foreign language learning development and familiarity with language skill levels and requirements
- Excellent writing skills for authoring technical, engaging content tailored for a targeted language audience
- Excellent multi-tasking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to thrive under the pressure of deadlines
- Knowledge of the Russian language
This position reports to the Project Manager.
Founded in 1995, JTG is an Employee-Owned Company that is specialized in language services, training, and analytics. JTG is an Equal Opportunity Employer.