|Title:||TS/SCI Cleared Operational Language Analyst with Native Capability|
TS/SCI Cleared Operational Language Analyst with Native Capability
JTG is seeking Operational Language Analyst with Native Capability at Levels 1, 2, 3, and 4 with proficiency in English and one or more other languages:
Albanian, Amharic, Arabic (Algerian), Arabic (Egyptian), Arabic (Iraqi), Arabic (Levantine), Arabic (Modern Standard), Arabic (Saudi/Gulf), Arabic (Sudanese), Arabic (Yemeni), Azerbaijani North (Azeri), Cebuano, Chavacano, Chinese (Cantonese), Chinese (Mandarin), Czech, French, German, Greek, Haitian Creole, Hausa, Hebrew, Hindi, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Kurdish (Kurmanji), Kurdish (Sorani), Norwegian, Pashto (Afghan), Persian (Dari), Persian (Farsi), Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi Western (Pakistani), Russian, Serbo-Croatian, Somali, Spanish, Swahili, Tagalog, Tausug, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Uzbek, Vietnamese, Yoruba
This position is contingent upon contract award.
Ft. Meade, MD
San Antonio, TX
MI Regional Learning Center (MRLC), MI
The Operational Language Analyst with Native Capability supports SIGINT Operations by performing tasks to process voice and/or graphic language with native language and cultural expertise.
- TS/SCI clearance with Poly
- Native-level language ability in reading, writing, and listening in language other than English
- Able to perform transcription and translation at ILR level 2-3 from the required language(s) into English. Must provide proof of testing or be able to test at the required level (Valid NSA Civilian Language Test of Record may be used).
- Able to accurately interpret the main points of materials in the required language into English.
- Comprehend written and/or spoken material in the required language that includes references and vocabulary related to common social situations and everyday life in countries where the language is widely spoken to highly sophisticated written and spoken material.
- Comprehend material in the required language that includes idioms, colloquialisms, subtleties and nuances, emotions and attitudes.
- Comprehend cultural, social, economic and political references in the required language and explain their significance in the given context.
- Able to type on an English-language keyboard
Note: Native Capability is defined as having learned the language since birth, and formally educated in the language for at least ten (10) years in a country where the language is an official, national or commonly spoken language. For languages/dialects that are not an official/national language and/or formal public education is not conducted in the language/dialect, candidate must have learned and used the language/dialect since birth and for at least fifteen (15) years in a region where the language/dialect is commonly used among a historically rooted population of resident speakers who employ the language/dialect beyond immediate family/household use.
Depending on qualifications, responsibilities will include:
- Produce accurate translations, transcriptions, and gists of complex material from the required language into idiomatic American English, reflecting the author’s/speaker’s style and convey subtleties and nuances as necessary.
- Edit language products (ex. translations, transcripts, gists) generated by other language professionals, including those based on abstract and complex topics.
- Scanning and sorting/categorizing foreign language materials.
- Recovering essential elements of information.
- Mentoring language analysts in language processing.
- Compiling and updating operational working aids and databases.
- Drafting intelligence reports.
- High School Diploma, General Equivalency Diploma (GED), or equivalent for Level 1.
- Associate of Arts (AA)/Associate of Science (AS) degree or equivalent (may be substituted with two (2) additional years of relevant work experience) for Level 2.
- Bachelor of Arts (BA)/Bachelor of Science (BS) degree or equivalent (may be substituted with four (4) additional years of relevant work experience) for Levels 3 and 4.
Founded in 1995, JTG is an Employee-Owned Company that is specialized in language services, training, and analytics. JTG is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: