JTG is currently seeking a Production Coordinator / Copyright Permissions Editor to support work on project deliverables in various languages.
Location: Reston, VA
The Production Coordinator / Copyright Permissions Editor (PC/PE) will support multiple time-sensitive projects, splitting time between production coordination and copyright permission editing.
Production coordination entails: 1) identification and selection of Target Language (TL) and other consultants to perform specific tasks in accordance with project requirements and/or product specifications; 2) establishment of contractual agreements with consultants; 3) coordination of any required training and/or coaching for project requirements and/or product specifications for consultants; 4) coordination and communication of assignments to consultants as well as internal JTG personnel to ensure timely accomplishment and delivery tasks and/or products by consultants; and 5) tracking and documentation of consultants' assignments in a timely manner, ensuring current and accurate status updates for manager review.
Copyright Permission Editing entails: 1) obtain reprint permissions as required for text and multimedia resources directly or in coordination with TL consultants; 2) maintain and archive documentation, permission records, and permissions logs, as well as update tracking information on copyright status (requested, received, denied, etc.), ensuring timely, accurate status updates for manager review.
- Participate in the recruitment of TL experts and other consultants in accordance with established evaluation measures, processes, and tools.
- Organize consultants' assignments IAW established project milestones and deadlines; develop and monitor work schedules and payment of consultants.
- Confirm delivery and adherence to project requirements of consultants' assignments and/or products; Organize, maintain and/or archive physical / digital files IAW established procedures, protocols, and naming conventions to ensure proper storage, easy retrievability, and version control.
- Maintain and archive comprehensive, detailed documentation and records for copyright permissions IAW established procedures protocols, and naming conventions.
- Coordinate and, as needed, conduct consultants' orientation and training.
- Communicate with other project team members on the status of consultants' assignments.
- Performs other administrative duties as assigned, depending on project deliverables.
Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities):
- 1-2 years of experience in project coordination administration and/or project / program management.
- Possess strong organization skills and excellent attention to detail / accuracy; ability to deal with ambiguity and solve/resolve problems, and ability to work independently, take initiative, and make decisions with minimal supervision.
- Possess strong interpersonal, cross-cultural, and English communication skills (verbal and written).
- Ability to translate requirements into effective QA checklists, creating schedules, and tracking progress against schedules.
- 1 year of experience securing and documenting copyright permissions, writing proper attribution, etc.
- 1-2 years of experience working with FL reading and listening materials at different ILR proficiency levels (in particular levels 2, 2+, and 3)
- 1-2 years of experience teaching a FL and/or developing FL instructional or assessment materials
- Intermediate-advance proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel and basic proficiency MS Powerpoint and Adobe Acrobat.
- 1-2 years of experience with English developmental editing, copyediting, and proofreading
- 1-2 years experience transcribing and translating FL /audio texts into English
- 1-2 years of experience with various technologies related to foreign language instructional materials development
- Unicode, Bi-direction text (English w/Arabic, Hebrew, Persian, etc.), and complex characters (Chinese, Japanese, etc.)
- Basic Audio / Video Editing
- Smartboard, mobile devices, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in management / business administration or a Foreign Language Education field (Master’s degree preferred).
This position reports to the Program Manager.
Founded in 1995, JTG is an Employee-Owned Company that is specialized in language services, training, and analytics. JTG is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: