|Title:||Target Language Experts / Content Object Selectors Nationwide|
Target Language Experts Nationwide
JTG is seeking highly qualified Target Language Experts (TLEs) to join the item development team to select and review target-language material (written/audio passages) from authentic sources and to review test items developed around these passages.
Languages: Arabic Iraqi, Arabic-MSA, Chinese Mandarin, Hebrew, Pashto, Russian, South Korean, Turkish, Ukrainian
Location: Reston, VA
Status: Contractor. Reports to Production Manager.
Citizenship status: US citizenship preferred but not required.
- At least 2 years of experience in a language-related field (translation, teaching, assessment, or curriculum development), with a preference for experience with content selection for proficiency development or assessment.
- Proficient at an ILR level equivalent to level 4 or above in reading and listening in the target language and at an ILR level equivalent to level 3 or above in listening, reading, and writing in English.
- Technologically capable of searching the Internet, recording and editing sound files using software, and using Microsoft Office applications.
- Knowledge of and experience with the ILR proficiency scale and text complexity rating
- A strong ability to analyze written and oral discourse.
- Selecting passages in a target language at specified Interagency Language Roundtable (ILR) levels in accordance with project standards and specifications
- Providing an English rendering for each target language passage along with explanations in English for target language meanings, words, and/or grammatical structures rendered that may be unfamiliar to a native speaker of English and marking cognates and borrowings from English.
- Reviewing passages selected by other TLEs for correct ILR level and acceptability and appropriateness
- Reviewing test items for accuracy of meaning and target language use
- Adhering to the project timeline and schedule for product deliverables
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritize work, and work under tight deadlines.
If selected, the consultant would commence and conclude work on specified dates, according to the production schedule. During this period, the consultant should be ready to work from 10 to 40 hours per week for approximately four to eight weeks. There may be an opportunity to extend the assignment for additional time after two months, pending performance review and mutual agreement.
The consultant will sign (1) a Conflict-of-Interest form, stating that he or she is not currently a reviewer for the DLPT in the target language, are not in a position in which they instruct people who will take the DLPT in this language, or will not take the test themselves, and (2) a non-disclosure agreement with the funder and JTG regarding the protection of proprietary materials. The consultant will provide their own workspace, materials, and supplies.
Founded in 1995, JTG is an Employee-Owned Company that is specialized in language services, training, and analytics. JTG is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: