|Title:||Subtitle and Caption Editor (English)|
Subtitle and Caption Editor
JTG is currently seeking Subtitle and Caption Editors (English language).
- Align timestamped transcripts of audio/video files (source videos and transcripts are all in English) with source audio/video for videos, webcasts, and podcasts that will be posted publicly on end customer’s website, YouTube Channel, Facebook page, and other social media.
- Adjust initially generated timecodes to ensure alignment to video as needed.
- Ensure subtitles follow industry standards for closed captioning, i.e., captioning grouping, character limits per line, speaker indication, atmospherics, etc. per the requirements of 508 compliance.
- Review and edit (if needed) the transcript for grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- Note: You will NOT be hardcoding subtitles into the video, only producing a final .srt file that will display subtitles accurately according to timecodes and closed captioning standards.
- Excellent written English skills, including spelling and grammar at a native or near-native level
- Able to review MPEG-4(.mp4), MOV (.mov), MPEG-3 (.mp3) and WAV (.wav) files
- Able to use video editor to edit and work with subtitles
- Ability to work with SubRip Subtitle (.srt) and DFXP (dfxp.xml) files
- Ability to follow industry standards for closed captioning, i.e., according to the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0, Described and Captioned Media Program (DCMP), and FCC Caption Quality Standards
- Able to respond quickly to short deadline turnaround of 3-4 hours
- Available during regular business hours Eastern Time
- Experience editing and reviewing transcripts
- Experience reviewing and aligning timecodes for subtitles/captions
- Experience working with DFXP (dfxp.xml) and SubRip Subtitle (.srt) files
- Bachelor’s degree
- Knowledge of Spanish
This position reports to the Project Manager.
Founded in 1995, JTG is an Employee-Owned Company that is specialized in language services, training, and analytics. JTG is an Equal Opportunity Employer.