A rapidly growing government contractor is seeking a detail-oriented Accounting Manager to join our team. This position will be responsible for leading month end closing including journal entries, fixed assets, revenue recognition, account analysis and reconciliations. This position will also be assisting with complex accounting initiatives, including converting the general ledger to Deltek Costpoint, cost pool management and consolidations. The applicant should display a positive and proactive attitude, have strong organizational skills, be a strong communicator and team player, and have the ability to plan and prioritize competing tasks as needed. Prior experience in a similar role for a government contractor is required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Includes the following essential functions and responsibilities:
- Ensure that all month-end deadlines are met. Maintain high quality standards for all transactions to ensure proper recordation in accordance with GAAP.
- Ensure payroll and accounts payable paid timely and accurately
- Perform accounting activities including preparation of journal entries, revenue recognition, month-end accruals, month-end closing entries and account reconciliations.
- Provide budget and cost variance analyses on a monthly basis
- Assist with conversion to Deltek Costpoint and integration of payroll provider
- Support DCAA audits and Incurred Cost Submission preparation
- Assist and support the annual financial statement audit.
- Manage, mentor and develop accounting team of 2-3
- Participate in special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
- Prepare monthly indirect costs analysis
- Assist with preparation of monthly reporting package for management
- Assist with annual budget development, including development of provisional rates
To perform this job successfully, an individual must possess strong foundational knowledge of accounting principles, be familiar with government cost accounting regulations and cost principles and FAR, have strong Deltek Costpoint knowledge, and be proficient with MS Word and Excel. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, CPA a plus
- A minimum of eight years’ overall general accounting experience with at least 5 years in a government contracting environment
Knowledge/ Skills and Abilities:
- Minimum three years of experience with Deltek Costpoint, participating in a conversion is a plus
- Intermediate to Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Detail oriented, professional attitude, reliable, team player
- Ability to follow established controls and processes
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills, research and resolution skills, and ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work independently and within team setting with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness.
- Ability to identify areas for improvement, problem solve, and implement efficient processes
We offer excellent benefits, and a work environment that fosters and rewards excellence. We also promote work/life balance. We encourage employees to make full use of vacation and standard office working conditions. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Founded in 1995, JTG is an Employee-Owned Company that is specialized in language services, training and analytics. JTG is an Equal Opportunity Employer.