|Title:||Top Secret Cleared/Clearable Linguists and Translators|
Top Secret Cleared/Clearable Linguists and Translators
JTG is currently seeking Linguists and Translators at Primary, Senior, and Expert Level with proficiency in English and one or more other languages:
Arabic, Arabic (MSA), Arabic (North African), Bengali, Chinese, Dari, Farsi, French, Khmer, Korean, Kurdish (Kurmanji), Kurdish (Sorani), Pashto, Russian, Somali, Spanish, Turkish, Ukrainian
Location: Reston, VA
- Possibly with temporary duty (TDY) travel, overseas positions, and war zone assignments. Candidates must state their willingness to travel, including amount of travel per year. JTG will coordinate with candidates to assign them to a suitable program.
- Provide translation that meets hight quality standards.
- Interpret at individual meetings or in conference-type settings.
- Apply expertise in technical, political, and military vocabulary and, preferably, an understanding of dialects and jargon.
- Demonstrate ability to work in a fast-paced environment, be flexible, and work well in a team setting.
- U.S. citizenship and willingness to obtain TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
- Proficiency in reading and listening comprehension of the foreign language and English with the ability to translate from English and into English, edit, summarize and gist, and provide quality control
- Able to pass English language reading comprehension test
- Able to pass translation test from foreign language into English at interagency language roundtable (ILR) level 3 or higher
- Fundamental knowledge and experience working with Microsoft Office suite and Internet tools
- Subject matter expertise (SME) in religion, science, and technology
- Current TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
- Terminology management
- Graphics and tables
- Subject matter expertise (SME) in counter-proliferation, counterterrorism, legal/law, military, narcotics, cyber security, economics, geospatial
Education: BA/BS preferred, BA/BS in relevant foreign language preferred
Founded in 1995, JTG is an Employee-Owned Company that is specialized in language services, training, and analytics. JTG is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: